Update as of 3/16/20, 10:30AM EST:
It’s tough out there to say the least, and we worked all weekend on ways to serve you even better under these extraordinary circumstances.
We know a lot of you are stuck at home, so we’re taking the following extra steps to make ordering a salad, wrap, bowl, or smoothie from us as convenient, safe, and hassle-free as possible:
- We will waive all delivery fees on orders placed through Just Salad’s app or orderjustsalad.com. Phone orders can also be placed at 866-ORDERJS (866-673-3757)
- We will offer Pick-Ups with a 15-minute-or-your-money-back guarantee. Customers placing Pick-Up orders will be greeted and served at the front door by a team member
- We will offer Contactless and Tamperproof Delivery on all orders through the Just Salad app and orderjustsalad.com. With Contactless Deliveries, the courier will call all guests to confirm a delivery drop-off location.
- Starting Tuesday March 17th, we’re temporarily suspending in-store ordering and dining at our New York City, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Chicago locations, as we follow social distancing guidelines.
View our full press release here.
Update as of 3/10/20, 10:30AM EST:
Food safety continues to be the highest priority at Just Salad, and in light of the current situation, we are now taking additional steps to maintain a healthy and safe environment, including:
• Enhanced Cleaning Protocols. We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing communal spaces in our stores, such as dining tables, chairs, and door handles.
• Continued Teammate Support. As always, only healthy teammates will be permitted to work in our stores. We’re encouraging our teammates to use their paid sick time as needed.
• New Operational Guidelines. We’ve made operational adjustments to minimize indirect contact between guests and teammates: 1) updated the nametaker process so that our guests never touch the ordering slip, 2) lettuce will no longer be touched by the teammate’s gloved hands; sanitized tongs will be used instead, and 3) disposable forks will no longer be placed in the guest area and instead will be issued at point of purchase at guest’s request.
• Pausing the Reusable Bowl Program. We are taking the unprecedented step of temporarily pausing this EPA-award-winning program. We’re doing so NOT because of any health or sanitation shortcomings, but rather to ensure the peace of mind of our guests during this period of uncertainty. You can read more about that decision here.
• Contactless Deliveries. Effective immediately, we're implementing contactless deliveries for orders from the Just Salad app and orderjustsalad.com. This means, guests’ orders will be left outside of guests' apartments (on their door handle, for example) so they do not need to interact with couriers. Couriers will be calling all guests to confirm their deliveries. We're taking this step in an effort to minimize person-to-person interactions.
• Tamper-proof Packaging. We’ve made operational adjustments to minimize indirect contact between our guests, teammates, and delivery team. This now includes new tamper-proof packaging for all pick-up and delivery orders, to ensure couriers, doormen, and others never come in contact with your food orders.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and take all necessary steps to keep our guests and teammates healthy.